Content of the Mentoring Track –The Distinguished Students
Second- students of advanced levels
Distinguished students who have passed the third and fourth academic years (with a cumulative average of not less than 4.5) for two academic semesters will be attached to one of the faculty members (the expert), in the same specialization of the student (male or female), and that faculty member would be having distinguished scientific and research experience, with whom the university and its research centers are rich of.
In this case, the specialized side will take the responsibility of deciding the scientific content for the track of mentoring individually for each student, male and female, in the light of their specialization, taking into consideration the logical hierarchy and vertical depth in the field of specialization for one academic semester, provided that the program contains fields of scientific research and methods of higher thinking (analysis, synthesis and evaluation etc.). This primarily aims to acquaint students with deep experiences related to the specialization, so that the program will end with concrete production (creative products, patents, original researches, and articles in the specialization) or whatever the specialist finds suitable.
- To make an inventory of the third and fourth academic year students (with a cumulative rate not less than 4.25), and invite them to participate in the Mentoring Track.
- To distribute the students of the track in the light of ratios adopted for each college, and according to its academic programs, and in accordance with what is adopted in the distinguished students program.
- To ask the students to fill in the specific forms for joining the program, in which the students choose one of the specialized experts with outstanding experiences whom the university and its research centers are rich of, and experts from outside the university wishing to participate in the Mentoring Track.
- To adopt registration forms for the distinguished students and the experts wishing to join the Mentoring Track.
- To invite the experts to prepare the scientific content for the Mentoring Track meant for their students.
- To assess the scientific content by showing it to the specialists in each specialization.
- To adopt the scientific content by the management of the distinguished students program.
- To start the execution of the scientific content for the program, and provide all necessary facilities.
- To follow up and assess the progress level of the students in the track.
Students’ Advantages of joining this Track at this level:
- The expert student (male or female) gets a certificate from the Distinguished Students Program indicating their contribution to the Mentoring Track.
- The student (male or female) gets a certificate from the Distinguished Students Program indicating their contribution to the Mentoring Track.
- This certificate will be added to the skill register after its consideration as training hours (with an average of 3 hours per week for 14 weeks).