College Role in the Program
The program is considered as one of the supportive programs to the role of colleges in patronizing their distinguished and talented students. The college is the corner stone of this program as many activities and duties related to patronizing the distinguished and talented students are assigned to it. Hence, this will reflect positively on the progress of the distinguished students, whether from the academic side, or the research side, and will also scaffold their abilities and capabilities.
Hence, the management of the program will contact the colleges to nominate a faculty staff member or the like as a coordinator and mentor in each college for the program, and to fill the related form and forward it to the program administration, while continuing their functional duties in the program, and assisting and supporting it.
A. Role of The Program Coordinator in the College
The program coordinator in the college is deemed the link between his/her college and the program administration, and is assigned the following tasks:
- Adopting the list of distinguished students, prepared by the program administration in the light of related standards electronically.
- Applying the methods, means, procedures and tools used to explore male and female talented students, and make an inventory of the talented students in the colleges.
- Appointing male and female mentors for the program students in coordination with the academic departments in the college, and checking that these students are distributed among the male and female mentors by filling the related form, and then forwarding it to the program administration.
- Holding communication meetings with students of the program for the purposes of motivation and follow - up
- Adopting a follow-up and communication schedule between the students of the program and the male and female mentors who have been identified for the purpose of achieving the objectives of the program.
- Communicating with the male and female mentors of the program students for the purpose of follow-up with the program students and the preparation of enrichment programs for them, and submitting it to the program administration.
- Filling up the relevant forms to assess the progress of the program students at its various levels.
- Following-up with the academic departments in the college to verify the implementation of the enrichment programs for the program students through coordination with the heads of departments.
- Coordinating with the academic departments of the college and the male and female mentors of the program students to prepare the International Universities Visiting Program, the program of studies and research projects and other programs, and prepare related reports, and submit them to the program administration.
To look for the list of names of the coordinators of University Colleges, please visit the following link:
B. Role of program mentor in the academic departments
The male or female mentor of the distinguished and talented students is one of the faculty members distinguishedacademically and in research. The program students contact him in the light of common specialization. His/her main role is to achieve the program's enrichment objectives. The following standards could be followed in appointing the male or female mentor:
Relative significance (weight)
Research excellence in the light of the number of published articles, publishing in scientific and peer-reviewed journals.
Assessment of students during the last year
Assessment of the head of department during the last year
Number of community contributions during the last year
In addition to the main roles specified in the academic guidance book, the program mentors are assigned a number of roles as follows:
- Communicating with the students of the program weekly (at least 1 hour) for the purpose of guidance and follow-up.
- Preparing an enrichment program for the punctual program students, and submitting it to the program coordinator in the college.
- Preparing a follow-up report on the progress of the male or female students in achieving the requirements of the enrichment program.
- Recommending male or female student's continuity in the program.
- Giving recommendations about the International Universities Visiting Program, the studies program and research projects.