Mentoring Track Content:
- Preliminary Levels Students:
Preliminary levels students, who want to join the track, will be linked with advanced levels students with the same specialization. In this track, advanced levels students, who have an outstanding academic level, will be under the name of (Student Expert). Their roles limit to provide preliminary levels students with assistance and guidance regarding their academic progressions, such as: how to study courses, method of the study, ways to organize study times, how to achieve outstanding GPA, and other areas intended to help in preserving the academic distinctiveness and improve it.
- List names of distinguish students in advanced levels (grade point average of at least 4.25), and invite them to register in mentoring track as students’ experts.
- Identify the preliminary levels students (grade point average of at least 4.25), and invite them to register in the mentoring track.
- Distributing the track students according to the DSP policy-number of academic programs offered in each college- as follows:
- Colleges that provide only one academic program allocated four seats for male students and 4 seats for female students in the track.
- Colleges that provide only two academic programs allocated two seats for male students and two seats for female students for each academic program.
- Colleges that provide three or more academic programs allocated one seat for male students and one for female students for each academic program.
- In case of equality in the GPA, there will be distinction between the two candidates based on student’s composite ratio.
- There will be seats for non-Saudi students (not exceed 5% of the total number of students in the track), and there will be distinction between them in the light of GPA according to their college types (Health, scientific, humanitarian).
- Invite student to fill up the track form which includes the choice of the student to one of the student expert in the advanced levels, with the help of the DSP management.
- Pass the personal interview conducted by the management of DSP, and full up the track forms.
- Prepare ways to link the two parties (students in the preliminary levels and student’s experts).
- Preparing the content (including the academic topics only) and schedule of meetings between the two parties.
- Monitoring and evaluating the returns of the contact and link between the two parties.
Benefits of Mentoring Track at this Level:
1- Granted a certificate to student experts (advanced level) for their contributions in the track.
2- Granted a certificate to students (preliminary level) for their participations in the track.
3- Add these certificates to students’ skill record as training hours (at a rate of 3 hours per week for 14 weeks).
B- For Students in Advanced Levels:
Students at this level (will be linked with one of the faculty members (expert) in the same specialization for a period of one semester. At this stage the expert determine the scientific content of the for each student separately, taking into account the logical progression and vertical depth in the field specialization. (analysis, evaluate and create,…etc.). experiences relevant to their specialization, and should end up with (e.g. ) or what the as proper competent.
- List names of students in the advanced levels (grade at least 4.25) and invite them to register in the mentoring track.
- Distributing the track students according to the academic programs offered in each college (DSP policy).
- Invite students to fill up the track forms which includes the choice of the student to one of the outstanding expert from inside or outside the university wishing to participate in the track, with the help of the management of DSP
- Approve the student and experts forms who wish to enroll in the track.
- Invite experts to prepare the scientific content of the track.
- Evaluate the scientific content by submitting it to the specialists in each field.
- Approve the scientific content by the DSP management.
- Starting the implementation of the scientific content of the track and provide all the necessary facilities.
- Follow-up and assess the level of students’ progresses in the track.
Benefits of Mentoring Track at this Level for Students:
- Granted a certificate to students (advanced level) for their participations in the track.
- Add these certificates to students’ skill record as training hours (at a rate of 2 hours per week for 14 weeks).
Benefits of Mentoring Track at this Level for Experts:
- Give the expert a certificate refers to their contributions to the track.
- Have a priority to benefit from the “Distinguished Student’s Research Support Program”.